Kat’s Wonderful Wednesday

What a wild Wednesday! Today I started my day with another stop at Starbucks to finish a little bit of homework with some of the other basketball staff.

coffee time!

Later this morning, I had team breakfast at the hotel and after watching film, a few of us made our way to the gym at the University of Vermont.

workout squad

After the gym, the team had shoot around. Shoot around is when the girls prepare for the upcoming contest by reviewing plays and working on game like situations. The team made 3 half court shots in a row—a new record!

shoot around time

Then we headed back to the hotel to mentally get ready for the long night ahead. My roommates and I watched some tv before we had pregame meal (which was chicken parm…yum!). And at 5 pm we headed to take on the Catamounts.

maggie locke preparing for her first game back from injury. woo hoo!
ready to run the bench!

The team locked in and prepared to take the court. As a manager, I have to fill the water bottles for game, pass out uniforms, and make sure everything is set up for the pregame talk. Thankfully, the game went GREAT. We won 65-40!! I am currently posting this from the bus ride home… hopefully it will go quick and I can get some sleep for tomorrow!