Student Teacher Day in the Life • Classroom Tour & MARCH MOTIVATION!!

TEP Blog Takeover (Week 9 Day 3)

Monday March 25, 2019

Happy Monday! Here’s a little tour of Sullivan Middle School and my classroom. ↓

How do you stay motivated while student teaching?

We are more than halfway through student teaching. Some days, it is hard to stay motivated and positive when that alarm goes off in the pitch blackness. However, I use Pinterest as a Dream Board and I check it every morning to get motivational quotes and photos. Here are some examples of what pops up on my feed:

My mom is also a 7th grade teacher and she sends me morning inspiration 🙂 It helps to have someone in your life who is doing a similar job that you are! We send each other lesson ideas/quotes all the time.

I also watch daily Lenten Reflections from Dynamic Catholic to help me find purpose in each day. The videos are sent straight to my email and they are only 3-4 minutes long. I like to listen to them on my walk home from the gym in the morning before I leave for school.

Usually, I watch the sunrise from my couch if it isn’t cloudy. Not a bad view! It makes getting up before the sunrise worth it.
Lunch time with my classroom neighbors! Mrs. Foley, Ms. K, and Ms. Trueman make my day every single day. I am so lucky I get to work with such positive, amazing humans! They have made my student teaching experience so fulfilling. I couldn’t do it without them.

In summary:

1. Utilize Pinterest or other forms of social media to manifest your dreams and receive daily inspirational quotes.
  2. Interact with people who are going through a student teaching experience like you. Don’t be afraid to ask them for advice! Ms. K and Ms. Trueman always make me feel better when I am having a tough day.
  3. Surround yourself with people who bring you joy and make you feel better about yourself.  Lunches are my 30 minutes of the day where I can relax with fabulous coworkers who inspire me.
  4. Stay in tune with nature. Watch a sunrise or sunset to slow down and realize that the days are getting longer and better weather is coming!
  5. Watch short guided meditations or reflections on YouTube in the morning before you start your day to find purpose.