Hannah’s Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!!

My view of Holy Cross and Worcester while I run on the treadmill at Hart as the sun rises.

I am excited to be back blogging this week about my life as a student teacher at Sullivan Middle School. Sullivan starts an hour later than all of the other Worcester Public Schools, so I usually wake up around 6:15am every morning to work out before a day of teaching. Great way to start the day!

Obviously got my Starbucks coffee before I got gas!!

After I worked out, I drove home to quickly shower and eat breakfast before heading to school. Today, I needed to leave an extra 10 minutes early to get gas (and make a stop at Starbucks).

Today is Autism Awareness Day, so the Life Skills Program at Sullivan asked everyone to wear BLUE in support of Autism Awareness. I wore my HC Autism Awareness shirt (as seen in my selfie). I am a member of this club at HC and during the summer, I am a camp director for kids with Autism, so this day is extremely important to me!!

The ELA MCAS are Wednesday and Thursday this week, so today we played a MCAS Jeopardy review with my three classes. There were 6 different categories- Open Response, Reading Strategies, Poetry&Genres, Grammar&Writing, Terms to Know, and Testing Tips- with multiple questions in each category.

my jeopardy game

To keep them fully engaged, the winning team would get to pick a prize of their choice. Each team created a team name and had to complete the graphic organizer that went along with the game to not lose points. I was even asking the question on a microphone…the real deal!!

Winning teams: M&K, Foley’s Favorites, and Cookie Choir

Chosen Prize: Flaming Hot Cheetos

(yes, all three teams chose Flaming Hot Cheetos as their prize…these are the middle school craze these days)

Normally after school on Tuesdays I lifeguard at the Hart pool, but today I got coverage for my shift because I had a phone interview with a school for next year (fingers crossed)!! After my interview, I worked on my “dilemma” paper for our Seminar class tomorrow, made some dinner, and prepared for the most exciting part of my day…This is Us season finale!!

my roommates Sinead and Monica!

My roommates and I are so excited for this episode we made an event of it…whole cheese and cracker tray. Not sure I’m emotionally ready for this finale…