Victoria’s Tuesday

Busy Tuesday

Hello everyone welcome my second day of the blog takeover! Today was super busy for me as well. I started off my day by having class at 9:30am. I am taking Schools: Surviving and Achieving with Professor Fisher. The class is all about school counseling with adolescents. I think this class is so beneficial for me in preparation for my student teaching as I am learning skills that I will be able to use to help my students if they have problems going on. I am so happy I have the opportunity to take an education class outside of the TEP requirements as it can only help me on my student teaching experience.

After class I went to go talk to Meg, the TEP placement coordinator, about my placement. She is so helpful and is always available whenever I have questions.

Next in my day I went to Sullivan to observe my teachers fourth and fifth period classes. It was very interesting seeing the difference between these two classes and how my teacher approaches them.

Finally after being a Sullivan for almost two hours I headed back to campus. I met up with Ty (another TEP math major) to work on some math homework before our Methods class.

Ty loves math homework!

After doing homework for a little bit, Ty and I headed to our Methods seminar. This class real focuses on teaching us tools we will use in our classroom next semester.

Finally, after being in class from 3:30-6 I headed straight to work! I am a tutor in the STEM+E workshop. I tutor students in a range of different math classes. I love being able to tutor students and help them realize that math isn’t always terrible.

My station for tutoring

I tutored two students tonight. Both have exams this week. I cleared up some confusions with them and worked on practice problems. They both left feeling more confident for their tests this week!

After my long day I am going to go back to my room, make dinner, and get in bed early (gotta treat yourself some days).

Tune in tomorrow to see if my Wednesday is any less hectic than the beginning of my week! (Also sorry for the lack of pictures in my blogs, I will try to be better about remembering to take them!)