Hump Day

Woohoo its Wednesday!! Officially through the hump of the week. Today was a good day. It started off early at 5:55. This morning I decided to switch up my typical soothing John Mayer sound track to a more exciting pop station to really get me ready to start my day off with a bang. This morning I forgot to grab a Lara bar as I ran out the door which proved to be an obstacle as my stomach growled all morning while I taught my classes. Would not recommend!!

I gave period one their first reading quiz on “Of Mice and Men.” Most of them did pretty well! Since most of them are pretty quiet tomorrow I am going to do a human scavenger hunt activity with them to get them up and moving and talking to each other. Stay tuned to find out how it goes.

Period three finished up discussion about the burqa ban- most of them were very strongly opinionated that the government has no right to tell us what we can and cannot wear. Its great to see them thinking so critically and forming strong opinions!

Today after school I rushed back to Holy Cross to meet with one of my favorite English professors, Professor Reardon. Professor Reardon thoughtfully reached out to me to check in about how my student teaching experience is going so far. It was so great to chat with someone who wanted to hear all about this crazy, new, and exciting time in my life! She also gave me a few really good book suggestions to help me come up with activities for my english. Here is a picture of one of the books I can’t wait to read.

After my meeting with Professor Reardon, I headed to pre-practicum. Today was a big day for me because it was my turn for Mursion, an interactive simulation for different teaching scenarios. Kat and I were tasked with having a parent teacher conference with the parent of a third grader named Lily Walker. We had to report some of Lily’s test scores and how she was doing socially to her mother. It was less nerve wracking than I thought and overall a very cool experience! So cool what technology can do!

After pre-prac I headed to Chipotle with my friends. I forgot to take a picture but my burrito was nothing to write home about. In fact, I was fairly disappointed with the overall experience. I usually go for a bowl, but on a whim, I went for the regular burrito. BIG MISTAKE. Immediate regret. I asked for a littttle bit of sour cream and BAM the woman put on an entire ladle full. Same for the guac. There was no going back after that. Even though my burrito itself wasn’t that great, it was so nice to go out with my friends. It’s easy to feel out of the loop being busy all day, so it’s very important to me that I make time at night to check in with my friends. Since I forgot to take a picture of my burrito, this cup will have to do! I had two refills of diet coke 🙂

Once back in Dinand, I worked on making an A Thousand Splendid Suns version of Taboo for my seniors to play tomorrow. They are big on Taboo so I am hoping that the game is a hit. Some of the cards are harder than others, we’ll see how they do. 

Here are my friends Hannah and Kate in Dinand working hard.

At home, I’m going to unwind with some Netflix before bed. I have decided that it’s important to get my mind off of the subject matter before sleeping to decompress before the next day, so I always make sure to watch a quick episode of A Million Little Things, my new favorite show.

P.S I am very sorry that these pictures are so large, I cant figure out how to change the size and not make them super blurry! Need a technology tutor if anyone is interested!!

See you back here tomorrow!!